This is my favorite drawing for one single reason; it was signed by Olivia Wilde herself.
I met her on November 8th and I am still on cloud nine. My heart still flutters at the memory and I even giggle at the thought of her talking to me.
I was lucky enough to attend the screening of the documentary Half the Sky (I highly recommend it) where she was going to do a Q&A afterwards. The moment she stepped onto the stage and I saw her in person for the very first time… I swear I felt like I was about to combust, though my brain got to function enough to be able to ask her a question, which she answered as brilliantly as she always does.
When the event finished she had to leave immediately. I didn’t think twice before getting up my seat; there was no way I was leaving that place without meeting that
So I met her.
She was walking towards the exit along with the lady in charge of the event-who happened to be a bitch-and another woman who I guessed was a friend of hers. Olivia saw me standing there, a nervous wreck, waiting for her. So she smiled at me and slowed down. When she was in front of me I asked her if she could sign my drawing… her eyes though… I couldn’t stop looking at them. They are a mix between gray and blue; the most gorgeous eyes I have had the honor to see.
She said ‘Of course!’ and took it. I saw the way she stopped to look at it before she asked, ‘Wait, did you draw this?’ And that voice! Oh man, that husky voice that was now directed at me. I was shaking! I said ‘Yeah, I made it this morning…’ with as much confidence I could muster while she signed it for the second time because the first one couldn’t be seen on the dark part of the drawing. ‘Wow, I thought it was a picture, I love it! This is so impressive… you’re really talented.’… Olivia Wilde complimenting my drawing and calling me talented as she took her time to see it? I was in heaven.
I took the drawing back with trembling hands and thanked her; but that wasn’t it. I still asked, ‘Can I take a picture with you?’
She smiled again and said, ‘Sure!’ So she stepped closer to me after I handed my phone to the closest person I could find. She hugged my shoulder and I hugged her waist. Ohhh boy was that sweater she was wearing soft as hell. And the curve of that slim waist… I was sure I would faint. And before the second picture was taken I couldn’t help but tell her that I was shaking, and guess what she did? She giggled and hugged me tighter! My heart melted right then and there. I felt like Olivia was giving me reassurance. I was soaring so high up in the sky that all I could do was return the ‘thank you’ she had given me with as much meaning as I could put into it, before she began walking again towards the exit.
So I met Olivia Wilde. She is even more gorgeous in person, with almost no make up on. And those eyes… well, I will never forget them, especially the moment they looked right at me.
A dream come true :)
- maedchentaube likes this
- youarewhatisme likes this
- sammyyjam likes this
- halftheskymovement likes this
- hunting-elephants likes this
- 8thart reblogged this from itswhatwordsmiss
- my-name-is-eligh reblogged this from a-wilde-handful and added:
- ltm-domino likes this
- someoneiusedtoknow likes this
- or-become-one likes this
- michaela-victoria likes this
- thingsthatihavetosay likes this
- dream-of-electric-sheep likes this
- citynightmotion likes this
- vespertlne likes this
- outcoming likes this
- electroladyluck likes this
- kendrick-wilde reblogged this from a-wilde-handful
- kendrick-wilde likes this
- aca-biitch reblogged this from a-wilde-handful
- loveisforgirlsandgays likes this
- thedoanzone likes this
- a-wilde-handful reblogged this from itswhatwordsmiss and added:
- a-wilde-handful likes this
- a-wilde-handful said: What a beautiful picture and a great story! I’m so glad you got to meet her. Hopefully someday I’ll be that lucky.
- 8thart likes this
- itswhatwordsmiss posted this